One of the best ways for NECC to share research findings is through the many scientific publications that cover the field of autism and related disorders. Summaries of studies conducted by our staff members, as well as those that were completed through collaborative efforts with other research centers and individual scientists, have appeared in periodicals such as the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis and Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
NECC research staff have published 300 peer-reviewed journal articles and presented over 2,500 times at professional conferences and events.
- Courtemanche, A.L., Sassi, J.L., Hartman, K., Mangual, M., & Hanson, D. (submitted). Evaluation of booster procedure to mitigate the effects of treatment integrity failure. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Farber, R.S. & Dickson, C.A. (submitted) Differential observing responses: A review. Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice.
- Gauthier, K.A., Ahearn, W.H., & Colón, C.L. (in press). Further evaluation of treatment integrity for response interruption and redirection. Behavioral Interventions.
- Griffith, L.S., Roscoe, E.M., & Cornaglia, R.B. (under revision). A comparison of brief and extended session duration functional analyses. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Newman, Z.A., Roscoe, E.M. Errera N.A., & Davis, C.A. (under revision). Noncontingent reinforcement: Arbitrary versus maintaining reinforcers for escape-maintained problem behavior. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Ahearn, W.H. (2020). Response interruption/redirection. In Volkmar (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders. Springer.
- Bonfonte, S.A., Bourret, J.C., & Lloveras, L.A. (2020). Comparing the reinforcing efficacy of tokens and primary reinforcers. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53(3), 1593-1605.
- Cividini-Motta, C., Ahearn, W.H., Fish, L., Priehs, J., & Moore, K. (2020). Reducing public masturbation in individuals with ASD: An assessment of response interruption procedures. Behavior Modification, 44(3), 429-448.
- Glodowski, K.R., Bourret, J.C., Ivy, J.W., Seaver, J.P., Jackson, J., Stine, J.M., & Nuzzolilli, A.E. (2020). A comparison of token and tandem schedules of reinforcement on response patterns for adolescents with autism. Behavioral Interventions, 35(1), 25-37. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/bin.1704
- Hedquist, C. B., & Roscoe, E. M. (2020). A comparison of differential reinforcement procedures for treating automatically reinforced behavior. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53, 284-295.
- Johnson, C., Iversen, I., Kenyon, P., Holth, P., & de Souza, D.G. (2020). Murray Sidman: A life of giving. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 539(3), 1290-1298.
- Leif, E.S., Roscoe, E.M., Ahearn, W.H., Rogalski, J.P., & Morrison, H. (2020). Increasing item engagement and decreasing automatically reinforced problem behavior within a modified competing stimulus assessment. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53(3), 1638-1659.
- McConnell, K.L, Sassi, J.L., Carr, L., Szalwinski, J., Courtemanche, A., Njie-Jallow, F., & Cheney, W.R. (2020; early view). Functional analysis and generalized treatment of disruptive behavior during dental exams. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis. https://doi.org/10.1002/jaba.747
- Milata, E.M., Reeve, S.A., Reeve, K.F., & Dickson, C.A. (2020). A blueprint for general-case procedures illustrated by teaching adolescents with autism spectrum disorder to use a chip-debit card. Behavioral Interventions, 1-26. DOI: 10.1002/bin.1719
- Olsen, P. M. & Kelly, M. P. (2020). Chapter 8. Applied behavior analysis with Arab-Muslim populations: The importance of cultural awareness. In B. M. Conners & S. T. Capell (Eds.) Multiculturalism and Diversity in Applied Behavior Analysis: Bridging Theory and Application (pp. 140-163). Oxfordshire, United Kingdom: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
- Rogalski, J.P., Roscoe, E. M., Fredericks, D. W., & Mezhoudi, N. (2020). Negative reinforcer magnitude manipulations for treating escape-maintained problem behavior. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53, 1514-1530.
- Seaver, J., & Bourret, J.C. (2020). Producing mands in concurrent operant environments. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53, 366-384.
- Stuesser, H. A., & Roscoe, E. M. (2020). An evaluation of differential reinforcement with stimulus fading as an intervention for medical adherence. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53(3), 1606-1621.
- Wiggins, H.C., & Roscoe, E. M. (2020). Evaluation of an indirect assessment for identifying tasks for functional analysis. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53, 997-1012.