ABOUT NECC: NECC is a global leader in autism education and research headquartered in Southborough, MA and provides a comprehensive structure to help children with autism at every stage. The New England Center for Children (NECC) is committed to an inclusive culture where all students, employees, families, and partners feel welcome, safe, and valued. We believe that fostering diversity and equity makes us a strong, more successful community.
ABOUT THE POSITION: NECC is seeking to fill a full-time Daycare Teacher position. The Michael F. Downey Center for Child Development is an on-site early learning program that serves our staff’s children. The program serves children ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age. The Daycare Teacher will work under the supervision of the Daycare Director and is responsible for the education and care of the children, including the planning and implementation of activities. In addition, the teacher is responsible for establishing and maintaining a trusting relationship with the parents and guardians.
ABOUT YOU: You are a dynamic, caring, and passionate teacher who wants to make a difference and positively impact the lives of children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and implementation of age appropriate and individualized curriculum (to include: daily schedule, environment activities and teacher-child interaction,) which supports the school philosophy and developmental milestones of the child.
- Familiar with the health care policy and evacuation procedures of the school
- Direct supervision of children’s activities (indoors/outdoors)
- Establishing trusting and supportive relationships with parents
- Preparation of anecdotal records for parent conference
- Completion of accurate and timely daily reports for parents (to be completed throughout the day). Verbal and written (HiMamma App)
- Direct supervision and routine care of all children, to include: diapering/toileting, handwashing, nose wiping, face cleaning, changing clothes as needed, etc.
- Assuming an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff
- Maintaining confidentiality of information related to children, families and staff
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- EEC Teacher qualifications preferred (Minimum of 3 credits in Child Growth and Development and 9 months experience)
- Prior classroom experience working with young children required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Serve as a role model for associate teachers and teaching assistants in the areas of problem-solving, professional conduct and attitude, classroom management, and appropriate practice in guiding children’s behavior.
- Proven experience as a Child Care/ Daycare Teacher
- A collaborative, team approach to creating an equitable work environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid vacation starting at 4 weeks annually
- Paid sick time and personal days
- Tuition and childcare reimbursement
- On-site child care
- Comprehensive health / dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan
- Employee Engagement Groups: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Green (environment) Committee, Health & Wellness, etc.
Sign-on bonus is available at 90 days for those who qualify!