The Center provides a full range of educational, residential and treatment programs designed to help children reach their full potential. The goal of maximizing independence serves as the foundation of all Center programs. Each program has been developed to address varying skills and multiple levels of functioning.
The Center serves students between the ages of 3 and 22 diagnosed with autism, learning disabilities, language delays, intellectual disability, behavior disorders, and related disabilities. The Center’s programs and services are designed to accommodate a broad range of functional levels and varying degrees of disability.
The Development Department serves to connect with individuals, corporations and foundations who share our vision and align with our mission. Our goals are to increase awareness of the Center’s many programs and services and to raise unrestricted financial support to sustain our excellence.
Under supervision of the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Communications Specialist is responsible for external relations and crafting stories that highlight NECC’s programs and services, to delight and inspire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With PR Consultant, promote NECC in media through press releases and Op-eds
- Manage branding initiatives to ensure consistency
- Maintain NECC website with current information and updates
- Monitor NECC’s online reputation (particularly Glassdoor reviews and SM comments)
- Create thoughtful communications to share with families and supporters
- Produce NECC publications, Insight Newsletter and Annual Report
- Produce comprehensive content including NECC Now, podcasts, videos, and personalized stewardship reports
- Liaise with external consultants as needed
- Mentor and supervise Marketing Coordinator
The ideal candidate is versatile, deadline-oriented, a strategic thinker, and has proven experience in marketing and communications.
- Professional with 2+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a non-profit
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong self-management skills
- Well-versed in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Glassdoor
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills
- Polished and professional presence and the ability to interface effectively with constituents at all levels
- Attention to detail, organization, and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience working with advertising and public relations agencies is a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
The safety of the students, staff and visitors are among The Center’s most important priorities. The active participation in The New England Center’s Safety Program is a condition of employment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and subject to change as the role is defined in the new model. The Communications Specialist will also perform other reasonably related duties as requested by the Director of Institutional Advancement or his/her designee.