ABOUT NECC: The New England Center for Children (NECC) is committed to an inclusive culture where all students, employees, families, and partners feel welcome, safe, and valued. We believe that fostering diversity and equity makes us a strong, more successful community. NECC is a global leader in autism education and research headquartered in Southborough, MA and provides a comprehensive structure to help children with autism at every stage.
ABOUT THE POSITION: NECC is seeking a full-time Facilities Supervisor. The Facilities Supervisor will work under the supervision of the Director of Facilities and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the central facility and supporting the Director of Facilities as needed.
ABOUT YOU: You must have a valid driver’s license and a high school diploma. You have completed a craft apprenticeship or have maintenance experience. You have good communication and organization skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee maintenance and cleaning staff to ensure a clean and safe environment for staff and students on a daily basis.
- Coordinate classroom supplies and materials
- Oversee and perform routine maintenance
- Coordinate receiving for orders from time to time
- Coordinate fueling, routine maintenance, and cleaning of vehicles
- Assist Food Service to cover vacations as needed.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times
- Valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma
- Supervision experience preferred
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good communication and organizational skills a must
- A collaborative, team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and working relationships
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive health / dental benefits
- Generous paid vacation starting at 3 weeks annually
- Retirement plan
- Tuition and childcare reimbursement